Monday, November 8, 2010

A Dog's Life

Last night I found myself being jealous of my dog my Oscar. Correct, I am now jealous of a dog.
 O dear.
I was having those recurring thoughts in my head; what I am doing this weekend? What am I doing for New Year? Did I really spend that much on Saturday night? How will I pay credit card this month? When will I get a job? Was she really with him? What am I doing with my life???
You all know the drill; these thoughts make you stressed, anxious and confused.
Whilst I was having these annoying thoughts I looked over to Oscar who is as happy as can be because he has just returned from a play and is waiting next to his bowl for his dinner, which he will demolish in 30 seconds only to retire to the couch and fall asleep with not a worry in the world.
Damm, I thought. He has it so good!
It took Oscar only 10 weeks to graduate from puppy school.
But me?  22 years to finish school and a Uni degree and STILL no job and no IDEA
No matter how old Oscar gets, he will never have to work, pay for his food (let alone feed himself), wash himself, apply for jobs or have a mortgage.
Yes, I know I am crazy I am writing a blog about being a dog. But if you knew how well Oscar was treated, trust me you would want to be him!
However, unfortunately there are some dogs that do have worries. Not all dogs are treated with the love that Oscar receives. Some are unwanted dogs and some are subjected to animal cruelty.

 There are many dogs who need adopting, so if you know anyone who is in a position to adopt a dog or is looking for a dog send them to this website.
Lots of Love,
Em



2 comments: